Monday, October 24, 2011

National Archives - Kansas City Branch research review

I recently performed research at the National Archives branch in Kansas City MO for some court records.  I found the receptionist to be very helpful and she was very professional in her demeanor and to me regarding my research request.  The archives technician was equally as pleasant and even though I didn’t know the court case number before I arrived I did know the details of the case and a basic time period including all of the names involved in the case.  She had to go back and pull the box with the files and I had to sit and wait for about 10 minutes but when she came back with the box she had already found the case file and had a marker I the box next to the file.  This was a very pleasant surprise and very welcomed.  Upon retrieving the file and doing some initial review I told her that I wanted to copy the whole file and she showed me how to use the copy machine and the price per copy.  I made all of my copies of the file and then needed the docket book page copied.  Another technician came in and copied the page for me and she made she to get the whole page copied. 

I really enjoyed my trip NARA in Kansas City and will look forward to my next trip there for research.  Great staff to work with and they also provided quick and prompt service to my reuest for information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ancestor Explorer:
ancestorology.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/Ancestorology
www.facebook.com/groups/152332941488213/
www.pinterest.com/ancestorology/ancestor-explore