Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Who Do You Think You Are?

Has this show ruined what most people expect of their Genealogy? I love this show and I love how they have someone with the person to walk them through the process and have the records ready each time they walk in a records center. If it was only that easy and if I was only a celebrity this would have been done for me.

BUT it's not that easy and can take several hours of research to uncover a single record on a long lost family member. In my view WDYTYA has ruined Genealogy for the lay person. I have had clients tell me that want that type of experience but they do not want to pay that kind of price. Well it takes alot of money to get that kind of experience and alot of work goes into that type of project to recieve and achieve those same results.

I would like to see this show take on people who have brick walls on family overseas. Who are long lost lines and the person cannot get through. I'd like to see that type of service performed for average people from this Television show. Maybe I'm expecting to much but I think it'd be more of a reality series at that point and would have a ready made market of viewers like myself.

So what's your take?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ancestor Explorer:
ancestorology.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/Ancestorology
www.facebook.com/groups/152332941488213/
www.pinterest.com/ancestorology/ancestor-explore